Warmer weather, time change, flowers blooming, that can only mean one thing – it’s Spring! And, while all of these things may be happening in other places, it’s definitely not on the east coast. Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to Spring because it’s one of my favorite seasons!
When this time rolls around every year, I like to focus on simplifying my wardrobe. Being that I’m a fashion blogger, I can accumulate a lot of pieces over time. Shopping for me is a bit of an obsession; however, I’m smart and controlled when it comes to this. It’s called thrifting and clearance! (Check previous post here on thrifting looks). I’ve put together a list of five essential tips that will help you simplify your wardrobe, just in time for spring!
- Declutter: Cut down your wardrobe by getting rid of anything that you don’t wear.
- Get Organized: Get a color code system in order once you’ve decluttered. One of my techniques is to organize by item type (shirt, pants, dresses, etc.).
- Identify Your Essentials: Know the pieces you wear a lot; pieces you just can’t live without!
- Maximize Key Pieces: Identify the pieces that you love the most at the time, and look for pieces that can be worn differently. If you can imagine items that can be worn with more than three looks, it’s probably a good investment to make.
- Accessorize: Accessories can tie any look together. Invest in a few statement pieces such as bags, shoes, and/or necklaces to bring a simple look to life.
Photos by: Chris Harris
What I’m Wearing:
Necklace: J. Crew
Clutch: Charlotte Russe
I hope these tips will help you bring your closet up to date for Spring! Tell me about your ideal closet in the comments below. Happy Easter!
Until next time,