I’ve now been in Florida for six months, and I’m finally getting acclimated to the heat. At least that’s the pep talk I try to give myself on a daily basis. But can you believe this year is almost over?!? I mean where did the time go? However, I am not complaining. Fall is one of my favorite seasons. Boots, sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, and so much more. This year will be a little different since I live in a state where summer dominates every season. Nonetheless, I’m ecstatic that it’s October, or as many like to envision it as “The Fourth Quarter”.
The fourth quarter is comprised of the last three months of the year, and just because it’s the end of the year…it doesn’t mean you have to get relaxed in making goals and achieving them. Better yet, you can get a head start on goal setting for 2017. Below, I’m sharing a few simple tips I follow on goal setting that you may also find useful in accomplishing your goals.
Tips for Goal Setting
- Brainstorm– Take some time to think about some areas you would want to improve, and create a list to help you decide.
- Choose 3 Major Goals– From the list you completed earlier, I suggest picking the top three major goals and improve on them.
- No Limits– If you have big goals or want to make goals that someone doesn’t agree with, go for it! As Usher Raymond said in his latest hit, ‘There’s no LIMIT!’
- Write Goals Down– Did you know that most people who set goals don’t have them written down? Writing your goals down is the first step to making your dreams come true. The more specific, the better. It’s more motivating!
- Announce Your Goals– Don’t be afraid to tell your family and friends about your goals. Since social media is so popular in today’s time, you can announce them on there for a more ‘techy’ approach. When you announce your goals to people, it is built- in accountability to achieve them.
- Work Towards Your Goals– It’s a given. If you work towards your goals, you will see results. The harder you work, the more you will get out of it.
- Reach and Repeat- After following the steps above, it’s time to keep working away until you reach them. Don’t let it stop there! Repeat and start on an entirely new goal.
I love these tips because I’ve accomplished one of my personal goals that I’m very proud of by sticking to the list above. In my previous post, I mentioned that I have taken the approach to collaborate with designers and brands to highlight their unique products. In this post, I’ve collaborated with jewelry designer Stephanie Bijoux. This brand offers elegant and diverse designs using assorted gemstones and natural stones.
The piece that I incorporated into my ensemble is the ‘Collar necklace’ that comes with an easy to wear magnetic clasp. I paired it with a navy swing dress, converse sneakers, and aviators which gave me a relaxed and comfortable look on a sizzling hot day. The necklace no doubt added a pop of color to finish off a fun look. Stephanie Bijoux fuses tribal/ethnic influences with seasonal trends to create modern statement jewels with a traditional African twist. Be sure to check out all Stephanie’s handmade jewelry designs pieces here.
Now that you have a few tips and see that they actually can work if you follow them, are you ready to set some of your own personal goals?
Always remember…a dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action makes a dream come true.
Until next time,