Don’t you just love leftovers? (Raises hand) I do! If you read my previous post, I had a pretty delicious dinner yesterday. Salmon was the *STAR* of the dish, and I’m so glad I had a couple of pieces left over to have for dinner today. I’m always looking for ways to incorporate new ideas into my meals.
Anyone who knows me know that I absolutely love a scrumptious salad. Yeah that’s right, I’m obsessed with any kind of salad. Hmm, just to name a few – well there’s Cobb salad, shrimp salad, potato salad, Caesar salad…basically ANY SALAD hahaha! Being that I’m on this health kick again, I’ve been leaning more towards healthier recipes. The Strawberry Salmon Salad with my homemade Olive Oil & Lemon Dressing is the one to make without compromising taste. Awesome right?! Enough of me ranting, let’s cut to the chase and jump right into how I made this amazing salad. 🙂
Strawberry Salmon Salad
• Leftover salmon
• Spinach and Arugula (whatever you like)
• Pine nuts
Olive Oil & Lemon Dressing
• 2 cloves of peeled garlic
• 1/2 cup of olive oil
• 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Plate spinach, arugula, strawberries, pine nuts, Parmesan, and left over salmon
• Combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper into a Nutri Bullet or blender; blend until smooth
• Drizzle dressing lightly (or to your liking) over salad
There you have it! This is basically one of the easiest salads you will ever make – 2 steps! The combination of sweetness from the strawberries and zing of citrus from the freshly squeezed lemon will no doubt remind you of a refreshing summer day!
Until next time – xoxo,