“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” This is something that I often ask myself. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you can’t take a page from someone else’s book — tweak it a bit and make it unique, extraordinary, and unparalleled like YOU. Although it is sometimes easier to embark on the well-traveled path, it’s quite interesting more often than not to explore different avenues and blazing trails of your own. I can admit that taking the road less traveled can be daunting but mostly has it advantages.
5 Advantages to Following Your Own Path
- Promotes Authenticity – This one is IMPORTANT. If you’re not familiar with the term, let’s start there. According to Webster, authentic means true to one’s own personality, spirit or character; not false or imitation; bona fide. Ultimately, people want to be around authenticity. It makes us comfortable and feels safe. BE HONEST, BE TRUTHFUL and BE YOURSELF.
- Serves as Inspiration – If you are following your own path, you will hopefully inspire others to the same. Encourage them to not give up and continue striving.
- Aids a YOLO (You Only Live Once) Mindset – We only get one life to live and why live it with regrets? Don’t waste your life doing something that makes you unhappy. Do things you love, and love the things you do!
- Builds Character – Nothing is easy to fulfill. Going after what you want can test your patience, boundaries and limits. You may even want to give up. As Bryson Tiller says, “DON’T!” You will transpire into a stronger person with even stronger character.
- Makes YOU Proud – When you are going after what you want and finally get it, be proud of that! Who wouldn’t be, right? It will inspire you to continue achieving your aspirations.
Speaking of following your own path, I have collaborated with Handbag Designer Kent Stetson to show off one of his unique creations. He is standing out and reinventing what people think about handbags. Kent believes that a great handbag can engage people in the same way as art and with a mission of protecting the world from boring handbags is doing just that.
I chose to style The Flamingo Clutch. Paired with a sparkling skirt, black top, and the right accessories — it’s a great addition to complete my summery look. For more options, be sure to shop Kent Stetson Handbags. I guarantee you won’t have trouble with standing tall and standing out with one of his amazing creations. Let me know which is your favorite in the comment section below.
“Be a flamingo in a flock full of pigeons.”
Until next time,