Take notes. Class is back in session!
Summer is over, and it’s time to gear up and hit the books for another productive year. However, just because you are headed back to the classroom doesn’t mean you have to lose any style points with your wardrobe. For as long as I can remember, I’ve ALWAYS been a bargain shopper – even frugal shopping can be fashionable. I’ve never been too caught up on brand names (…never mind the Christian Louboutin heels and Chanel handbag I have on my list of “must haves” :-)).
Throughout the years, I’ve learned to be confident in any look I style because MY style is never right or wrong when I am being myself. For those of you who are going back to school and want to stay on target with your sense of style, I have some tips that will help you maintain that.
5 Tips: How To Stay On Target With Your Style
- Be Functional – Your clothes should be both practical and comfortable. With spending so much time at school or college, who has the time not to be? (Ain’t nobody got time for that!) Haha…
- Show Your Personality – Being back in school doesn’t mean your style can’t shine through, especially to you all who have to wear uniforms. Spruce up your look with makeup, painted nails, and/or different accessories.
- Mimic Your Favorite Style Gurus – Do you admire a particular person’s style? Are you straight stalking their Instagram posts and always adding pins to your Pinterest boards? These people are your muses. Mimic certain elements from them. Sprinkle it with a bit of your own flavor to make your own style.
- Incorporate Pieces That You Love – What pieces do you love wearing or desire to wear? Which items do you repeat the most? Those are your staple pieces which you should invest.
- Have Fun With It – Whatever direction you decide to go, have fun! Style isn’t meant to be taken too seriously…at least not for me. Have fun – be eclectic!
Speaking of staying on ‘target’ with your style, don’t you love having that one go to clothing store/online site where you know you can always luck up and find an item or two. Target is that place for me (please don’t sleep on them). They have both affordable prices and fashionable clothing. The brand that I literally cannot get enough of is the Who What Wear Collection. This brand is the epitome of chic, classy, bold and fun.
I’ve teamed up with a couple of my blogger friends, Danielle of The Life and Times of DaniGee and Emma of House of Odara, to bring some stylish yet budget friendly looks for back to school. We decided to choose one item each from the collection, and I chose the Layered Ruffled Mini Dress. This dress is one of the most comfortable dresses I’ve ever worn. Not only am I absolutely in love with its print but am heads over heels with the free flowing movement of this dress as well. Want to know another fun fact? I found it on clearance! Yes, I’m not afraid to attack the racks first, and don’t you be afraid either. Most of my favorite fashion pieces are found on sale. I paired the dress with a vibrant, over-sized clutch and ballet flats for a relaxed and cozy finish. Check out how both Emma and Danielle styled their item as well. Be sure to follow their blogs and Instagram accounts @danigee25 and @oluwafunmifly.
Now that I’ve shared a few fashion tips and one of my favorite affordable brands, I hope you’ve taken note to help you stay ON TARGET with all your fashion needs for this upcoming school year!
“Self confidence is the best outfit, rock it and own it.”
Until next time,